Translate

Thứ Bảy, 22 tháng 8, 2015

10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Type 2 Complications


Help avoid dangerous diabetes-related complications by discussing these important items with your doctor.

Jose Luis Pelaez, Inc./Corbis

Learn more about the program >>

People with type 2 diabetes are at an increased risk for serious health complications, but you can help prevent these by knowing how to recognize problems and learning what to do if one develops. Here are 10 questions to ask your doctor so that you can better understand your own personal risks and take the right steps to address them.
  1. How often should I visit you for checkups in order to stay as healthy as possible and avoid diabetic complications?
  2. I have a family history of heart attack and/or stroke. Will my diabetes put me at greater risk for those problems?
  3. What are the most important warning signs to look out for in terms of diabetic emergencies, and when is calling 911 necessary?
  4. How can I tell if my blood sugar is too high or too low? What should I do about either high or low blood sugar?
  5. Is there anything I should keep with me in my purse or car that could help me treat an unexpected symptom or problem?
  6. Are there any parts of my normal routine that need to change in order to keep myself as healthy as possible?
  7. Do I need to take pills or inject insulin in order to manage my diabetes and prevent further problems?
  8. How often should I have my blood, blood pressure, and urine tested for irregularities?
  9. What are the most important signs to look out for in terms of eye damage or dental problems? Is there anything I can do to keep my eyes and teeth as healthy as possible?
  10. Is there anything in my medical history that concerns you and could be a factor in my type 2 diabetes? What can I do to address this?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét